The 2017 holidays are fast approaching. With all the lights, the holiday specials, and the songs we’re going to be bombarded with, it’s also time to turn our eyes to the toys every kid will want. Unfortunately, the most sought-after toys are also the ones that usually fly off the shelves, and parents are fighting with each other in the aisles. If you want a boost, read on to see the top 10 hottest kids’ toys for the upcoming season, as diverse in price as they are in tech – ranging from low prices and almost no tech to. 3 digits, and requiring an engineering degree (or be under 16) to understand.
10. Soundmoovz, $ 69.99 – Made by Cra-Z-Art, these are bands that look like exercise bracelets. These bands work with Bluetooth technology and are motion activated. They can be programmed to play music with movement and can also connect to a Bluetooth speaker to be louder. They are intended for children aged 9 and over.
9. Nerf Rival Nemesis MXVII-10K Blaster, $ 99.99 – Made by HASBRO, this is a high volume, quick release version of a classic. They take 6 D batteries – don’t forget to take them when you’re in the store as well – or can be used with the Nerf Rival rechargeable battery pack. This is an automatic that can hold 100 nerf balls and is intended for children 14 years and older.
8. LOL Surprise! Dolls, ranging from $ 9.99 to $ 69.99 – Made by MGA Entertainment, these dolls vary in price mainly based on their size and commonalities – the bigger you are, the more they cost and the rarer they are, the more expensive they are. Dolls are considered collectibles, but are intended for 3+ – just note that many doll accessories are smaller in size, so supervision of children putting items in their mouths is highly recommended. These dolls are based on a world ruled by babies, and each of the 45 available has its own unique personality. The dolls are presented in a sphere wrapped in several layers of plastic. Each layer leads to a new prop until you reach the doll itself.
7. 6 inch Star Wars (Black Series) Action Figures, Various from $ 14.99 – This HASBRO series has longevity on the best toy lists. The Star Wars black series of figures was introduced in 2013 and a new edition was introduced every year. The characters are different iconic looks from the core characters throughout the films and plan to include current films. This year marks the 40th anniversary of the release of Black Series. The packaging will say age 4 and up, but that’s another one you’ll want to pay attention to when it comes to accessories.
6. Paw Patrol My Size Observation Tower, $ 99.99 – Made by Spin Master, this is a kid’s waistline (2 1/2 feet tall) based on the Paw Patrol show, which has all the bells and whistles – literally !! From a working elevator to a vehicle launch, kids will love playing hero with their favorites. It takes 2 AAA batteries and is intended for ages 3 and up.
5. R2-D2 App Compatible Droid, $ 179.99 – Made by SPHERO, this R2-D2 has movie-accurate features, lights and sounds. It can be controlled by any smart device or can patrol the world on its own. It will not only interact with other droids that are compatible with Star Wars apps, but also with Star Wars movies. Artoo is charged via USB, no battery is required. Believe me, this is the droid that you and all young Star Wars fans are looking for. No actual age recommendation – good for ages 0-100.
4. Hatchimals Pengualas, $ 59.99 – Made by Spin Master, these toys start out like eggs. Each egg contains one of two possible creatures. You have to take care, love and play with the eggs enough to make them hatch. Once they start, you need to stay alert to complete the process and see who you have. Once hatched, the toy can be raised from baby to toddler through toddler, to learn to walk, talk, sing, etc. 2 AA batteries are required and are NOT included. Intended for children aged 5 and over.
3. Soggy Doggy Board Game, $ 19.99 – Made by Spin Master, this is a board game with a twist, shake and moisture. This game for ages 4 and up is a circular board with a tub in the middle. To play, engage the dog and go. The goal is to get around the board to the dog’s basket without the dog shaking you – if you land on a bone and turn the knob and the dog stays still, you’re good – but at random it will shake and throw you back at the start. It’s a game the whole family can play.
2. FurReal Roarin ‘Tyler the Mischievous Tiger, $ 129.99 – The latest FurReal Friend made by HASBRO. He’s made of plastic, covered in fur, and has a mouth full of tiger teeth that are more adorable than fierce. It comes with a plush chick and sensors on its body to react to movement. No child will be able to resist his not quite developed roar, which is just one of 100 Sounds and Moves with Tyler the Tiger. For children aged 4 and over.
1. Fingerlings Interactive Baby Monkeys, $ 14.99 – Made by Wowwee, these adorable monkey friends are widely recognized as this year’s best toy. Finn, Mia, Zoe, Boris, Bella and Sophie are the Fingerlings you can choose from, each with their own unique personality, color, hair and more. These monkeys live on the fingers of children, settling in their cupped arms and legs or their tails curled over them. The monkeys come with the necessary batteries and they interact with the flip of a switch, including gripping firmly if the child they live on drops their hand. Kids are already raving about it, and stockouts by name are increasing as the holidays draw near.